Quad Biking in Siem Reap

Quad Biking in Siem Reap

  • Posted by: ASA Admin
  • March 16th, 2015
  • Categories: ATV, Motorbiking
  • 3593 Views

Quad Biking in Siem Reap with Quad Adventure Cambodia

On a recent trip to Siem Reap I was looking for things to do after a few days of visiting the incredible Angkor Wat, and found a surprising number of activities being promoted in the numerous agencies in the town. Flight of the Gibbon have a zipline inside Angkor park, there is cycling, horse riding, balloon trips and quad biking, which particularly interested me with lots of good reviews online. I booked through Quad Adventure Cambodia, which is the longest established operation and opted for a discovery tour – a 2 hour trip around the Siem Reap countryside.

After a quick briefing and ride around the shop to get used to the quad we were soon off heading out of town. Siem Reap is very flat so for those expecting hardcore mountain quad biking adventures then quad biking in Siem Reap is perhaps not for you, but the countryside is quite scenic and we passed through many quaint villages on the way, children would often run out waving and the pace of life was very relaxed. My guide was very good, we often stopped for photos and refreshments, the weather is very hot in March and it is the height of the dry season so it is also very dusty, glasses are perhaps recommended and they are thoughtful enough to give a face mask if you need it.

Quad Adventure in Siem Reap

After an hour we came across a seldom visited temple which was a nice addition to the tour, there is actually an older Wat falling apart next to a brand new one – shame they haven’t restored the older one as it was quite interesting. Again we stopped to wander around and take more photos, there were lots of interesting paintings and murals on the new Wat, each of which had been donated by families in Cambodia, the larger the donation, the larger the painting. After 20 minutes or so looking around we headed back onto the road which headed back into Siem Reap town.

Siem Reap Countryside

About 80% of the trails are dirt tracks, and the remaining 20% paved road as you head out and back into the town. The traffic is quite light in town so the tour is overall very relaxing and safe, if anything I would have liked a bit more speed! There is also very little cover, especially when quad biking through the farms so plenty of sun cream is recommended. Overall I would recommend quad biking in Siem Reap for anyone looking for things to do in Siem Reap and there is plenty or worthwhile things to see here than just visiting temples.